With the recent unfortunate mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 a lot of travelers are thinking that you can never say that you are 100% safe. The Malaysian passenger plane which has 239 people on board vanished in the skies over Southeast Asia Saturday March 8, 2014.
The Malaysia jet is a Boeing 777-200 model which have an excellent safety record.
You really can't say what future holds, which is why it is important that you make sure that you and your family are financially secured during unfortunate events like this.
Travel Insurance plans covers these most common risks:
- Emergency evacuation
- Repatriation of remains
- Medical emergency (accident or sickness)
- Return of a minor
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Visitor health insurance
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
- Delayed baggage (and emergency replacement of essential items)
- Flight connection was missed due to airline schedule
- Travel delays due to weather
- Pre-existing medical conditions
- War or terrorism
- Injury or illness caused by alcohol or drug use
Getting a primary medical coverage advantages:
- No out of pocket expenses
- You won't be denied medical care in a foreign country due to cost
Travel Insurance will compensate you if your baggage is lost, stolen or damaged, not only by the airline but also if it is lost, stolen or damaged on your way to your hotel or in a restaurant. However, do note that most policies do not cover electronics such as smartphones, tablets, or laptops so it's important to double check each policy carefully under the Baggage and Personal property section.